Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Moving On

In case you haven't heard, I completed my Summer Reading Challenge a couple of weeks ago. Reading The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings was definitely a summer well-spent, and I hope to have some reviews for you within the next few weeks (I'm trying to finish the LOTR movies first). Per Hannah's suggestion, I put some ice cream in the freezer as a reward for meeting the challenge. Yum! (Note to my family: before you start tearing our freezer apart looking for it, it isn't there. It's at work!)

And now, onto some coming attractions. As you can see from my sidebar, I am currently reading Emma by Jane Austen. This is my final Austen novel and what I would like to do is to review all of her works together. So after I review the Tolkein works, please join me for The Complete (& Unabridged) Jane Austen. Just as Austen's works are not "chick-lit", these will not be "chick-lit" reviews. I want to take an honest look at the plots, the characters and the themes of these classic stories, and I hope that even those of you who are not huge Austen fans will continue to read.

One more piece of business before I sign off. Blogger has been acting funny lately, so if my sidebar looks weird, it's because of Blogger, not me! Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

No comments: